Vancouver, British Columbia, December 7, 2017 – Micron Waste Technologies Inc. (“Micron” or the “Company”) (CSE: MWM, OTC: MICWF, Frankfurt: 7FM2) a developer of proprietary digester solutions for the treatment of food and organic waste, announces it is taking steps to advance its proprietary technology to treat the organic waste from medical cannabis cultivation on-site and in an environmentally friendly and cost-efficient manner.
Micron will develop an organic waste bioprocessing system targeted specifically towards handling medical cannabis organic waste materials, including leaves, twigs and stalk. The Company is testing a new type of nanocrystal that would be used in its proprietary 4 cycle filtration process. The nanocrystals are expected to further breakdown medical cannabis organic waste so that it can be turned into “gray water” and then later into clean water.
Micron’s Medical Cannabis Organic Waste Digester will be developed to handle the following waste from cultivation sites:
Cannabis plant waste management practices
Whether professional growers are producing dried buds or collecting resin for extraction, the steps of harvesting and processing creates by-products and waste that must be disposed of according to all applicable regulations. Growers must be aware of and comply with the comprehensive regulatory scheme enacted by governing bodies to ensure that environmental protections and safety are in place.
Proper waste disposal regulations apply whether the grow operation is a caregiver for a few patients or a large-scale facility that supplies dispensaries. The legal responsibility is on growers to ensure proper disposal.
Waste disposal regulations have been slowly adopted and are being constantly updated through piecemeal legislation. This complex legal framework makes any generalizations about disposal requirements for growers difficult, because compliance must be followed on a federal, provincial/state and municipal level, and it varies widely.
“This is a valuable opportunity to bring together research and development efforts from both Micron Waste and our development partners to deliver an urgently needed organic waste treatment system for the medical cannabis cultivation industry that meets Health Canada Cannabis Waste disposal requirements,” said Dr. Bharat Bhushan, Chief Technology Officer of Micron Waste.
About Micron Waste Technologies Inc.
Micron Waste Technologies Inc is a well funded technology company. The Company’s food and other organic waste system is designed to manage food and other organic waste on-site, converting it into clean water. The Company’s aerobic digester has micro-oxygen cubicles technology to enhance the digestion efficiency of microorganisms by up to 95%, with the remaining 5% of undigested particles undergoing further treatment, resulting in clean water effluent that meets municipal effluent discharge standards. Micron’s technology is an ideal solution to handle food and other organic waste on-site in view of the drive for further cost efficiencies, as well as ever stricter legislation being implemented to prohibit food and other organic waste from entering landfill sites around the world. Please visit our website at www.micronwaste.com for further information. Micron is a public company with listings on the CSE: MWM, OTC: MICWF, and in Frankfurt: 7FM2.
On Behalf of The Board
Chief Executive Officer and Director
For further information contact:
The Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS:
The forward-looking information contained in this press release is made as of the date of this press release and, except as required by applicable law, the Company does not undertake any obligation to update publicly or to revise any of the included forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law. By its very nature, such forward-looking information requires the Company to make assumptions that may not materialize or that may not be accurate. This forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors, which may cause actual results, levels of activity and achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such information.